E-commerce and Travel Portals
As per the latest findings, Indian Ecommerce growth is pegged at 30% year on year. Let’s look at some interesting facts;
- Travel: comprising Travel aggregators, Tour Operators, Hotels and Railways
- E-tailing: comprising Online Retailers and Online Auctions
- Classifieds: comprising Online Jobs, Online Matrimony, Online Property, Online Automobile and General Classifieds
- Paid Content Subscription: comprising research, articles, exclusive videos, etc
- Digital downloads: from Internet to Mobiles and internet
It is quite clear that a large chunk of online spending goes towards Travel E-Commerce. Rs. 7000 crores out of 9210 crores is expected to be spent on online purchase related Travel purchases like Airfare, Hotels, Car rentals and Rail bookings. That means nearly 76% of overall E-Commerce goes to travel sector alone.